Thursday, June 17, 2010

Index The Beatles!

I don't think that my Grand-mom was an especially avid Beatles fan. Maybe if someone knows they can leave a comment about it, but my best guess is that like everything else in the index, Ethel included them because they had grabbed the attention of the public. I was rifling through the boxes in the garage trying to figure out how I can make a more permanent home for it and found the Index card for The Beatles. Here is the image:

The Beatles card has all kinds of random information on it including a picture and brief note commemorating the twenty year anniversary of Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, the year they stopped touring, the fact that they never won a Grammy, along with various other tidbits of news and fact. Once again, this front of the card is not the index card's complete contents. Upon opening the index card there are a lot of clippings chronicling all things Beatles. While I don't have a lot to say about each of the included clippings, I thought it would be interesting to document the entire contents of The Beatles index card here. Included is an entire article from Time Magazine. The last image is my favorite, which is a comic biography printed in the Philadelphia Inquirer.










2 comments:

  1. I know exactly how Aunt Ethel felt about the Beatles. On my last visit with her, enjoying the band at the senior center, I asked her if she liked them (since I am a big fan). She shrugged and said, "Eh. That's your music, not mine." I guess she was just interested in them the same way she was about Whitney Houston!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,

    Yeah Aunt Martha wrote me to say that Grand-mom didn't like them but rather was a huge fan of Jerry Blavit. I don't know who he is and have decided to look for his card (it should be somewhere near where I found the Beatles card) and write about him.

    ReplyDelete